- Print server running 2003 R2
- Windows XP SP3 Clients
- Printer deployed via VBS script + GP (as shared printer)
- HP LaserJet P4010_P4510 Series PCL 6 220.127.116.11 Driver
- Not printing Duplex from most applications even when Duplex printing is selected in the options
- Use HP Universal Drivers
This resolved the duplexing issue, but introduced some other oddities. Printing took considerably longer and
Manually Feed Mid Weight A4 was appearing on most print jobs. When installing the printer(s) I had followed the usual process and just selected the .inf when prompted for a driver.
The correct method for installing HP Universal Print Drivers (on the print server)
- Make sure SNMP is enabled on the printer
- Run the install.exe within the HP Universal Folder
- Select Traditional Mode
- Install Printer normally
After this method was followed everything settled.
… but I still hate printers.